17.1.07

Yes, we met Doctor Laura in person!

So Joe calls me one day, super excited because he had gone to a book store and saw that Doctor Laura was going to be there on that Thursday for a book signing. Let me just say HE was so excited to meet her, he listens to her everyday. So we contemplated going but I think we were actually just being lazy, and I think Joe wasnt sure that I wanted to go, and Sarah and David were calling him gay but whats new. So we decided to go. We had a great time.

So we started out having to buy her new book The Proper care and feeding of marriage and we had to show a reciept for her to sign it. Then they gave us a number and told us they would call out groups of numbers so that is was a little organized and so we didnt have wait in line forever. So after we got our number we went and got take out. It was a nice little date for Joe and I since we havent been on a date in forever! So when Doctor Laura got there we hurried in the store and got really close to the front and waited for our group of numbers to be called. When we got up there they made sure that our flash was off on our camera and told us they would take pictures but she wouldnt look. That was just so funny but understandable.

We could not belive that she really talked to us for a while, we were so excited. By the time we got there I was pretty excited because I have grown up with her my mom is a huge fan and my dad Hates her. We had actually bought three books one for us and the others for our parents. We havent given the one to my mom yet but she will be so excited she doesnt even know that we went. I wanted to suprise her, so anyways Doctor laura started to write in ours so I said thats us and she asked how long we have been married and told us that marriage isnt work that it is compassion and understanding. Which is so true man she is a smart women. Then she asked Joe if he still sweeps me off my feet and she made him sweep me off my feet right there. I was a little embarrased but thats just who I am. It was a great night and it is something that we will always remember.



2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Haha, sweet! I listen to her too! Haha

Chrissy said...

I know! I found lots of cute pics, but these were the only ones that would work. I think I just need to shrink the others even smaller to get them to load. It is going to take a lot more trial and error I guess! We need to take a photography class and a website class too apparently! It is fun though, and your site is so cute!