13.2.09

In a Slump

I have been in a cooking slump recently,  I just can't think of anything to make for dinner.  Now, dont get me wrong dinner is always made, it is just not thought about in advance.  I like to have it planned out for the week and it is just not happening.

I hate this slump because I need to be saving money and when i don't go to the store with a list of everything I need or an idea of what I need, then I end up spending more.  So I need your help, would you be a doll and email me your favorite EASy, With little ingredients in it?  I would so much appreciate it.  I just need to get out of this hole and make some new yummy recipes.  Here is my brittasay{@} gmaildotcom.  I would love ya forever if you could send me just one.  Thanks a bunch.  



Picture above was taken at my grandma's.  Owen just woke up from a nap and I hopped into his pack and play with him.  He loved it.  We had a good time in there.  I love playing with this little guy.  I just can't wait untill he is walking so we can have races.

3 comments:

2-Fold said...

Brittany,
I found your blog by blog surfing and I just thought I would pass on this recipe blog. I have tried numerous recipes on this blog and loved them. The website is
www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com

I hope this helps with the slump, it sure worked for me.

P.S. Owen is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to give you all my recipes, I'll print them out and laminate them for you and put them in a folder. you can thank me later. love you

Mrs. Jones says said...

Ok, I would break a pac-n-play if I just "jumped in it". But I guess that is the benefit of wearing size 11 kids jeans ;) Ok, I just made one up last night that was yummy and super easy. Semi-box dinner but fresh veggies too so still homemade!
Get a box of fareast couscous, the flavor with pine nuts, a head of broccoli cut up, firm tofu (or chicken if you are not down) cubed, extra pine nuts, sweet yellow onion diced, 2 cloves garlic minced, a thing of chopped mushrooms,1 1/4 cups veggi broth (or chicken) and diced tomatoes (maybe 2 large). Saute onions and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add veggies until a little cooked, add broth and seasoning from packet. Bring to boil. boil for 1 min. Add tofu, tomatoes, and couscous. Take off heat and let sit for 5 min. We ate this all by itself and it was yummy. Not sure if your hubby is a picky eater, if so, he might question this one! But it is really good if you like trying different things!