




All rolled into one post. So a couple of weeks ago Owen and I went to the beach and had a wonderful time eating sand. I have been meaning to post these so here they are.
Also on Friday I really felt like I should take Owen to the doctor, he had a cough and they couldn't get me in so I decided to head to the urgent care. Now I really was nervous to take him there because last time the doctor got really mad at me for not immunizing him. He turns his back on me after I answer the dreaded question and wont look at me again. He turns around and asks Why?
so guess who walks in the ugly doctor. any he asks me again. Now i am super nervous now.
here I am with a sick kid and a doctor that probably wants to strangle me, He says is he up to date on his immunizations? and I say no and he turns around and says why? and i say because I have decided against it. So now I can tell he is not happy with me. Am I a horrible MOM? Or what?
So he finally turns around and says you need to take him to the emergency room right now. He is wheezing. DON'T WAIT this cough will not go away. Like I am that bad of a mom that I would just sit around and wait it out. So I went and picked Joe up and headed to the E.R. we arrived there around 2 and didn't leave until 8!!!! It was horrible.
Now Owen doesn't do well just sitting there poor kid couldn't crawl or anything the whole time. He had only taken a nap for 30 minutes that day so he was exausted!
They did a chest xray and a rsv test and then finally let us go. They sent us home with a breathing treatment (thankfully we already had the machine thanks Sarah) and a Steroid you should see him his muscles are bulking up already.
He is feeling a little bit better still coughing but not as much and is not sleeping well at all he gets up at like 1 and I feel bad not feeding him so I do (sore nipples and all) sorry to much information! But if anyone has any suggestions I am open to anything to heal them. And then around 5 he wakes up I feed him again and then he goes back down for about an hour to two.
Hopefully he will be his normal self soon. He does have the cutest little raspy voice and he still is the cutest little thing.




12 comments:
Jack had the same thing about a month ago and it was RSV. I put a humidifier in his room and that seemed to help a little bit. the doctor told us that RSV usually only lasts a week. And his lasted about that. Good luck hope he feels better soon!
Brittany, I'd be interested to hear your view on immunizations. Why or why not? I'm not pregos or anything but I hear alot about each side of the theory through media controversy and want to hear a mother's perspective.
Oh my, so sad Britt! I don't have any suggestions other than to never go see that mean doctor again. I hope little Owen feels better soon!
So I don't get it? Is he sick because he was not immunized? I am all for getting immunizations, but I know to each his own, but it sounds like he just has a chest cold. I would just put a humidifier in his room and maybe rub some baby vicks on his chest. What did they say he has? I feel so bad for little ones when they are sick and there is NOTHING you can really give them to make them feel better. And Taylor never eats when she is sick, I think it is for 2 reasons one she can't breath and drink at the same time and two she swallows so much snot that it fills her tummy up. Good luck I hope he feels better soon.
rude dr's are the worst. glad he is getting better! i can not even imagine being in the er for that long, sounds like hell with a sick baby!
and those beach pics are adorable!
Hey Brittany, I immunize my kids, but I don't think Owen is getting sick because he isn't immunized. Sorry that doctor is so rude to you. They need to understand that people are allowed to do what they feel is best for their children.
Has he had breathing treatments before? It sounds like he had bronchiolitis. That's what Jenna had. We had to take her to the E.R. and give her albuterol and prednisone to treat it a couple of months ago. Is that the steroid Owen is on? We have to put Baby Mozart on to keep her still during breathing treatments. The albuterol (or xopenex, they are pretty much the same), dilate their bronchioles, making it easier for air to get through so they can breathe easier. It's not a steroid. Prednisone and pulmicourt are types of steroids. I'm sure you already know this, but I didn't when we had to do breathing treatments with Trent and wish someone would've explained it to me!
If Owen has had breathing treatments before because of wheezing, ask your doctor if he/she thinks he could be asthmatic. If he is, some medicine can have an adverse reaction so be careful with certain medicines (benadryl, antihistamines) because they can dry them up and make it even harder for them to breathe.
Sorry for the long comment. Owen probably just had a cold and I'm giving you way too much unnecessary information. I just know how frustrating it is when your kid gets sick and you don't know what the problem is. Last February I didn't treat Trent's cough because I thought it was just a virus and he ended up getting pneumonia. I am praying for a healthy year for him..
Hope Owen is feeling better!!!
Hey Brit,
My husband is a Respiatroy Therapist. So if you have any questions for him he would be glad to help.
I don't know about Ca. but in the state of Ut. they can not diagnose Asthma for a child until they are 2 years old.
About immunizing, I'm all about it. But to each is own. What I do do is when it is time for immunization I pray about it if I fell good about it then we do it that day if not I wait till next time. :)
But that Dr. has to respect you. And if he doesn't then you ask for another Dr. It's ok. He shouldn't make you feel stupid or like a bad mom.
My email address is leslietorgerson@hotmail.com
I hope he starts to feel better!
Leslie
Dude, I feel your pain. Luckily brooke has not been sick lately. Call me if you need anything.
Breckon has been immunized and sounds like he had the exact same thing Owen has. We had to do the breathing treatment and everything. I understand your pain with the dr thing. I had a doctor look at me that way just for having 2 kids and being a stay at home mom. And, yes, she said "What do you do all day?".
Also, about YOUR soreness, I had major problems with that as well. I found that letting myself air out (i.e. let it dry before putting clothes on) after each feeding and then putting Lansinoh cream on every time helped me recover.
Good luck!
I hope the little guy is feeling better.
Oh man, you didn't tell my about that freaking jerky doctor! I'm so sorry! I totally understand what you went through. A lot of people left suggestions on my blog too so feel free to read- maybe it will give you some fresh ideas. And if you find anything that works, let me know! Poor little Owen.
Oh and I did love those beach pics and Owen's top two teeth! WHAT A STUD!
I hope Owen is feeling better soon. It's no fun to have a sick baby. My experience is kids get sick with and without immunizations. I have plenty of friends who have also decided against it. You are not alone. You are the mom, you know what is best for Owen.
Post a Comment