25.3.10

The Little Guy is Two Years Old!

(this is Joseph rambling, not Brittany)

Today is Owen's second birthday. Wow!!! How time flies by so fast. It is so amazing how much this precious boy has developed over the past 2 year. Owen has brought a unsurpassed amount of joy into our home. Everyday is a learning opportunity, even more so for myself.

Spending time with Owen gives me a glimpse of the love my Parents and Heavenly Father have for me. It also humbles me to think of this awesome responsibility that I have as a Father. What greater blessing then a pure child of God. As Brittany and I navigate are way through this daunting task of parenthood, I often find myself in absolute admiration for my parents. Believe it or not, I was a pain in the butt. If my brother David was reading this, he would say that I still am a pain in the butt. With so many poor examples in the world, I sure lucked out with incredible parents.

I am not writing this to ask my parents for anything(especially since they don't read our blog), but rather to say how grateful I am for those who are in my life. I am surrounded with great people who inspire me everyday. With life's daily grind I often loose perspective of the countless blessings all around me. When it's all said and done, there's not a whole lot that really matters.

- BROTHER JOSEPH

Let me step down off my soap box.(I hope this doesn't sound like Ryan Sheckler narrating his show, hahaha)

2 comments:

robyn said...

Oh I can't believe he is 2 already! And the studliest 2 year old I've ever seen! Happy birthday Owen! Oh and nice post Joe! Oh and Britt I will call you way soon. Love you guys!

~ Priscilla Hammer ~ said...

Congrats to Owen for turning 2yrs. old!!! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow, learn & what they can do at this age. Brody will be turning 2 in June, but he has advanced in the terrible two's stage. Lol. I would love to get together when ever you guys move to temecula that would be fun.
Take Care & God Bless
Priscilla & Brody