30.11.07

SOLD....To the woman who doesn't lactate


I was on google today and I went to type something in that started with a B, and the first thing that came up was Buying Breast milk. About a year ago I came up with this brilliant plan to sell my Breast milk (when that time came) to make some extra cash. I had it all planned out, I would just pump like CRAZY.

To my surprise not everybody agreed with me. I thought it was an amazing idea, not only was I making money I was also helping out another child. Just so you know the milk goes for a pretty high price.

So I Tried looking it up to see who would accept my milk (this was all a plan before I was even close to being pregnant) I couldn't find a website that would really explain it all.

So anyways I thought I would bring this up since I saw that, It made me laugh. Sometimes I come up with some crazy ideas! Most of them are put down. But they always get a good laugh for those around me.

Let me know what you think. Have you ever known anyone that has sold or purchased breast milk. Also please let me know if you need any extra for your children I will be happy to sell it to you! HAHAHA

8 comments:

SMALL and TALL said...

girl you crack me up. never thought about breast milk and probably wont think about it until i am preggo. miss u guys

Rachelle said...

oh - i've heard of it. and its pretty much a genious idea, you're already making it, you might as well sell it!! you should look up 'la leche league' and see what they say about it! good luck!

courtneyb said...

I have always considered it because I never wanted to throw any milk away and I had way too much. But I had a friend that had a premie baby and they bought breast milk while she was in the NICU and to them it was a total blessing to be able to buy breast milk. so there is definently a need for it.

Brittany said...

lol...I thought about it too.(thats as far as it ever went, a THOUGHT) When Kasen was a baby the lactation lady told me I had enough milk to feed triplets. So, before you consider it, lol...make sure you have enough milk of your own to feed your sweet little one! lol...

Kellyn said...

Great minds think alike, but it is illegal in the Sate of California and New York to sell breast milk, I don't know if you can sell it on-line and ship it out of state though, you can however donate it to premies. Good Luck if you figure it out let me know so I can get in on the action.

julie said...

I definitely know how PRECIOUS breast milk is!! When I was pumping I had a few spills of more than 6 oz.!!! I broke down in tears each time!! This could be a lucrative business... HA! xo

K+C=M+K said...

Hi Brit! I haven't been able to get to your blog since Utah, but somehow I figured it out, yeah! I'm not a pro at the whole blogging thing yet, still a beginner actually.. Never heard anything about selling breast milk, thought about selling my eggs for extra cash in college though- didn't work out. Kirk and I are going to be in town this weekend, you guys around?? We should meet up! SOoooo excited to move back home and get to the beach (when it warms up of course:)

James said...

I have heard about donating breast milk. For example, I know Angelina Jolie did it. I think Kellyn might be right, I think it is illegal here.
How are you feeling? I hope you have a Merry Christmas!