23.2.08

Question for all you mothers out there!!!

So I need some advice. I have been packing my hospital bag and I don't want to leave anything out.  What was something you brought that you Loved and were happy you brought?  Or something that you wish you had brought with you?  I don't want to forget anything so please leave comments with your advice even if I don't know you.  Thank you so much!

17 comments:

Pure Images said...

Bring your cell phone and charger, some magazines, makeup (this was a very important one for me!), regular underwear (g's are not a good idea... know what I mean?), and a pillow from home! Good luck!

The Bishops said...

my suggestion is to bring your own pj's! It was so nice to be in something besides that dumb gown especially when you have visitors or want to walk around. Also, I suggest the pj top to be button down so that it is easy to nurse. I also recommend the makeup!! It did wonders to be able to take a shower and put makeup on and feel somewhat fresh! You will do great! Try not to be nervous! I'm so excited for you!!

whitney said...

ok, quite random, but i needed a rubber band for my hair! i forgot one so i ended up using a REAL rubber band and it pulled out clumps of my hair! also, lotion. i cant wait for your baby to come. how exciting!

Jessica Kettle said...

you already know what I wish I had remembered- cute jammies (button up), and I think lotion and a pillow from home are a great idea! To add to that, baby lotion- they don't have it in the hospital, shockingly.

Chrissy said...

One VERY important thing I wish I brought is makeup. So regret not looking at least half way decent for a picture.

courtneyb said...

nice picture. slippers. those floors are gross. And, there's a chance you won't be fitting back into your regular clothes on your trip home. book or magazine, you do get bored at times.

Brittany said...

I agree, make up is a MUST. It makes you feel girly after just pushing a baby out. ALSO!!! One thing that was like my best friend while I was there was CHAPSTICK! They don't let you drink the whole time you are in labor and the ice chips didn't cut it for me so I was getting chapped lips from no liquid. Good luck! You will be such a good mommy! Also, just wear the netting underwewar they give you. They are comfy! :) Seriously.

McLove said...

What came to my mind was chapstick also:) It is also nice to have a little notebook or journal to write down some of your thoughts. You might not get the chance to do it, but it is nice when all of the thoughts are fresh on your mind:) We also brought something for our visitors to write a little note to Avery which is fun to have.

julie said...

You have gotten so much good advise... all things I would bring for sure! They had a video player in my labor room too... movies helped to pass the time after I got my epidural. Comfy pants & a loose top to wear home.

Jenn said...

I was grateful for my deoderant and facewash. I actually took a shower after Breckon was born - so travel shampoo was great too! Feeling clean is so refreshing.

Amber said...

All great things to pack don't forget your favorite candy, chips, or drinks. The hospitals are very limited and I wanted sweets and goodies.

Candice said...

I brought the boppy, you know the little nursing partner that wraps around you to help you feed the baby. It was a life saver. When feeding the baby pillows and things like that never worked when I needed something to prop up my arm because it felt like It was going to fall off. So if you have one bring it. Also a pillow for you because they do not have comfy pillows, and yes one for Joe and some blankets for him as well. Everyone always forgets about the husband, but if they are staying with you at the hospital they need a bag too.

robyn said...

wow britt britt!!! I can't believe your about to have your baby!!! I can't give you any advice on what to bring to the hospital... But in about 8 months I will probably be asking you this question... I just found out I'm pregnant! I'm due on November 4th!! So stoked!

Amy said...

Here is my list...I agree about the Boppy, so glad I had that. Your own button up jammies, pillow, chapstick & all your toiletries that you'd take on any trip. ALSO, bring nursing pads (even if you aren't going to nurse, you'll need those suckers), and a nursing bra...I got a "sports" bra type that worked great. Plus, magazines, cameras, etc. And definitely feel free to pack some treats! I kind of had 2 bags...one was immediate necessities & the other was "just in case" stuff. But I ended up using it all. PLUS, don't forget clothes to bring the baby home in, etc.

Good Luck! Can't wait for the pictures!

Kristin said...

Hi Brittany, Congratulations!!! Flip-flops are a must for the shower. Bring your own shampoo, and snacks for Joe if he'll be staying. They don't seve food to the husbands, and usually the food isn't that great. Good Luck, we're super excited for you.

Jenn said...

And don't forget your camera, of course! :)

Anonymous said...

Another important thing to have might be the baby book (if they let you do the footprints, I've had one hospital that did that for us) and the car seat to take the baby home. Don't forget a hat for the baby too and outfit for him (of course). It sounds like you are covered. I was going to add chapstick but that was covered by other smart women also (totally a must for me!) Good luck!