4.11.08

Really Obama?  Thats all I have to say.  He just won. 

Prop 8 better pass!

11 comments:

aubri said...

ditto :)

Amber said...

NO KIDDING.....DITTO

ashley said...

ha ha totally my feelings.

so glad prop 8 passed!

Anonymous said...

You should be ashamed. How can you all be so insecure in your marriages and in your faith that you would deny rights to other people with different beliefs? This is a civil rights issue. Someday your own children or grandchildren will likely look back and think denying gay individuals their rights is as crazy as not letting women or black people vote. But by then your "prophet" will have another "revelation" that suddenly says it's okay.

So sad.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous (why too cowardly to leave your actual name?),
Well, fortunately black people DID vote. In fact, they made up for over 40% of the Yes on Prop 8 Votes.

Discrimination exists when rights and civil liberties are taken away from an individual or group. In the case of Proposition 8, no rights whatsoever have ever been removed from the homosexual community. The State of California provides Section 297-297.5 and 299 to ensure that homosexual couples receive all of the same “rights” as heterosexual couples. The language included on the ballot for Proposition 8 was greatly misleading, as marriage is not a “right”, but is a concessional institution with eligibility requisites. It is a privilege that couples may or may not qualify for. Does that sound discriminatory or outrageous? Can something be unfair, but right? When it comes down to it, would you choose absolute equality and fairness or “choose the right” thing? Read the following article from an East Coast newspaper which explains why the battle over the definition of marriage is such a crucial topic. I agree with most of what it says:

“There never has been a "right" to marry. Marriage is a privilege, not a right. [That’s why it requires approval and performance by a civic or ecclesiastical leader. The same way that receiving a Drivers License is not a “right”, it is a privilege. While “rights” are endowed to all people, certain criteria must be met to obtain privileges such as these. That’s just the defining nature of privilege. -Ed]

The issue and the stakes are about the institution of marriage and not changing its definition just because it suits somebody's needs at the moment. If we allow marriage to be defined by current social "sensitivities," there will be no right to deny marriage to other non-traditional groups. Once we start down that road, there's no telling what we as a society will be forced to recognize as "marriage."

There are prohibitions against marrying direct family members. Fathers cannot marry daughters, mothers their sons, brothers and sisters cannot wed, even first cousins are barred from marriage. If we change the definition of marriage to allow same sex couples to marry, would we have the right to deny familial weddings?

All current laws governing statutory rape and pedophilia would eventually have to be thrown out. Why, you ask? Because sex with children would have to be legalized. Adults would be allowed to marry children no matter what their age. And everybody knows that sex before marriage is expected so any adult/child relationships would have to be condoned.

NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Love Association, has for years been advocating for the legalization of not only adult/child sex but man/boy sex, specifically. They are practicing pedophiles and are proud of it. Their Web site sings the praises of men "loving" boys. These "relationships" would eventually have to be condoned.


Are you beginning to see the problem?


I can almost hear the outraged cries as you read this that "this would never happen!" Really? One of the arguments for recognizing same sex marriage is that "other countries are enlightened enough to recognize/allow it." Well, guess what? Every situation that I have described is practiced in at least one other country on this planet, as NAMBLA and several polygamy Web sites are quick to point out. Still don't think it can happen?

The most divisive issue of our time, morally, ethically and socially, is abortion. It started as being allowed only if the mother's life was in immediate danger and there was absolutely no alternative. Abortion has now progressed to where a baby can be killed by sticking a needle in its skull at the moment of birth. Incidentally, this procedure has been used by the Communist Chinese as a forced population control measure for years. Makes you wonder where the abortion rights people got the idea - but that's for another article.

I believe that any attempt to change the Constitution should never be taken lightly. But if there was ever a reason to do so, this is it. The sanctity of the institution of marriage must be protected.” (Anthony McKee, The East Carolinian, February 2004)

Back in 1978, Neal A Maxwell said “We will see [an] effort made to establish 'irreligion' as the state religion. It is actually a new form of paganism which uses the carefully preserved and cultivated freedoms of western civilization to shrink freedom...This new irreligious imperialism seeks to disallow certain opinions simply because those opinions grow out of religious convictions… Concern over the institution of the family will be viewed as untrendy and unenlightened.” So in an attempt to separate church and state, our society will actually establish anti-religion (which is truly a religion in itself) as the moral compass that will lead in a direction of fewer freedoms.

Marriage ought to remain defined as the union of ONE man and ONE woman. Anything else is hedonistic and temporary. I support the notions included in Proposition 8 because it helps restore the people’s voice that marriage must be defined by law before it follows the same slippery slope mentioned above. Occasionally, what is right is unfair.

Anonymous said...

Throwing out a bunch of quotes doesn't help your point. It just shows that you've been obsessed with researching this to be prepared. Bottom line: marriage is sounding like a discriminatory club. Sad. And sad for your marriage. You're the one who needs saving and needs to accept the "truth", not all of the loving and accepting humans who just happen to be gay and want to MARRY the love of their life. Against gay marriage? Then don't get one and go on living your life the way you chose to. Plain and simple.

Anonymous said...

And one more thing. Thank goodness Romney didn't go further in this election. It's obvious mormons can't see outside of their own faith.

Brittany said...

Dear Anonymous,

I stand behind Kelly in all that he has stated here. I don't know who you are, but if you would like to leave a comment on my blog and leave your opinion, be brave enough to let us know who you are. Voting Yes on 8 is something I would do if the prophet told me to or not. Yes I follow our Prophet, but I also have my own opinion as well. And Yes on 8 is something I stand %100 behind. Please understand that I feel very good about my decision for voting and supporting yes on 8. I realize that we have different views. And we both probably wont change our views. Whatever we say to each other is not going to change our views. I have come to understand that. But this is my blog and I will write what I want. Please understand that. Not to be rude but I DO NOT appreciate your comments. This is my family blog for my family and friends and I will write things and continue to write things so that I will one day remember all that is going on.

Thank you for understanding.

Brittany

Brittany said...

P.S. I am not insecure in my marriage or my faith, Thank you.....

Cooper Squared said...

Ha ha! If I was a fence sitter on Prop 8, I would totally be for it after seeing all the undignified ways people are protesting. We have a right to protest yes and I would never want to lose that vote, but come on...these people are vile!

So glad to be far from California right now...even though a life on the beach sounds appealing on most days.

Cooper Squared said...

PS...I meant right to protest, not right to vote.