9.9.07
6 Months till I Make some friends!
Does anyone feel like the day you had kids all the rest of moms at church finally started talking to you. I was a little depressed today after church, I think it is because the lack of friends I have. There are so many girls in our ward that I feel like I can hang out with. They will say Hi to me an ask how I am feeling but that is the extent of it. I think I am feeling a little over emotional today, but I totally could have started crying after church. Not only that I wanted to kill someone. Why do they not tell the people in primary about events that are going on. I missed enrichment night, because they did not tell me that it was coming up. I know that I can check our ward web site but how often do I do that! How am I ever going to make friends if I am not told about enrichment night? And one more thing I have been in primary since we got married. I am so TIRED of it. That sounds really bad but I haven't had a break and I am hoping that one will come soon. I was also asking a lady in primary today about substitutes and she said there were tons of people that want to do it. Then she asked what class I had and after I told her she said oh you have the class that is a little hard to get subs for. All because of ONE child. Why me? I am just thankful that Joe is in there with me and he does a majority of the lessons. I think I would go totally nuts if I was there by myself! This isn't a fun posting at all but I just had to let my feelings out. I am just hoping that the next 6 months will go by fast so that I will have some friends soon at church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I totally felt the same way before I had kids. Nobody cared to talk to you because you had no kids. Once you have kids, everyone loves you and wants to talk about your kids. Crazy how that works. It's ok to cry when you're pregnant too...trust me I cried a lot! Ask Frank.
Aren't pregnancy hormones fun!! One minute you are fine and the next minute you are crying. Crazy uh!! I totally understand where you are coming from though, before I had the baby I just went to church and felt like a total loner then all of a sudden I had a baby and I was apart of that great club, and I don't have time to worry about having friends at church because I am either in the mother's lounge or in the hall because she won't sit quietly enough to stay in class. It will get better I promise- Hang in there.
LOL - That is the truth! I know (now that I am on the "with kids" side) that it isn't because they don't like you, just becuase their entire world revolves around children and so does a lot of their conversation, which they may think you aren't interested in. It does get better, because then you just join in the conversations about all the oohs and aahs and yucks of mommyhood. Anyway - I felt the same way before I had kids, too. :) You have joined the "Pregnant" group, though - so find some of those and you're in!
And Primary! I have come from both sides and I know that someone needs to be in charge of getting you those announcements! When I was the secretary for Primary, I would find out what announcements went around and email them to everyone in Primary. Maybe you can make that suggestion, becuase it is hard to pay attention even if they announce them at church because you are taking care of your class.
Anyway, that was a long comment. I love you! I hope your pregnancy is going well (despite the emotional and physical rollercoaster that goes along with it!) :)
Hopefully the will release you right before you have the baby. They did that for me. I was in primary too and so ready to be done. I know how you feel.
Ohhh. That sucks. It really does change after kids though because you have an instant ice breaker to start conversations. "How old is your daughter?" can turn into so much more. And you really do make friends outside of sacrament and in the mother's lounge! It sucks that poeple are like that but they are. I try to make a point now to be friendly to women without kids at church because it sucks to be the only non mom.
Oh Brit, thats sad! I love you! If you were in my ward I would be your friend. :) But we are friends! Hope you have a better day, I am always home, so call me.
Ah Brittney! That is a bummer, but I totally know what you are saying! Scot & I were married almost 3 years before we had Zack and I can relate to how you feel. Hopefully it gets better soon!!!
HI, my name is Heather and I was just blog surfing and found your blog! Just a note on the primary thing- I am Compassionate Service Committee leader and our committee takes notes every week in Relief Society and emails them to the primary ladies-they love it! We include announcements,"60 seconds of good news" and comments from people about the lesson, not the lesson itself because they can read that themselves. We also bring the clipboard and announcements to them during primary. Anyway, it works really really well, the primary sisters always thanks us. You may want to suggest this to your comp service comm. or the R.S. Pres. We have two people actually called to the position and we call it "Primary Liason". Oh, and we also bring them handouts and goodies from the lesson to them. Anyway, I was in nursery for a year and I got really tired of it. Hang on! Email me if you need more detail.
Heather
Post a Comment