15.10.08

So they say.........

That after 3 nights of letting your child cry themselves to sleep.  They will have it down and may fuss for a few minutes but will fall asleep right away.  

Not mine, I have been doing this for about a month and he still SCREAMS! His Head off.  

Any Advice please?

10 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Give it another month. :)

aubri said...

Aww, that seriously breaks my heart. Poor little guy. Have you read that book I e-mailed you? I know it's really tedious but it really did help me. The only other thing I can suggest is maybe putting him to bed a little bit later. Some nights when I know that Emmett is hyper, I wait like a half hour longer than usual and then when I know he's tired I'll sometimes go a half hour earlier. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I feel really bad. Call if you need anything!

Amy said...

I don't really have any advice for you other than you just need do to what works for you. I let Zack cry it out & it did only take a few days, but if that doesn't work for you & it is easier to just feed him & put him right back down, then do that. Other than that I'm so sorry that it isn't working. I can totally understand that frustration!!!

Lacey said...

Kody was a lot like that. It took me a long time to get him to fall asleep on his own. But I just made sure when we were first starting to have a consistent bed time and bed time routine. Like bath, story, family prayer and then I would lay him in bed. For the first couple days I went to check on him after he had been crying for 10 min. straight and then I would wait longer each day. Eventually he put himself to sleep. I also found that if I laid him down awake for his naps too it seemed to help at night. Hope that helps, Sorry it was so long!

K+C=M+K said...

Maybe scream back at him? I dunno..

Karl & Leslie said...

It takes longer 3 nights. It's more like 1-2 weeks. I felt bad with my first child. But my second one was so easy. but it's also deppend on the child. stick with it. good luck:)

Anonymous said...

the only thing that worked for our son was a white noise machine...(or radio static)..it works everytime! good luck.

Jenn said...

I say do what you find works for you. Ditto to the make a soothing bedtime routine and have him be a little more tired (but not TOO tired) when you put him in bed - awake. When my kids wake up (or do not go to sleep) and are crying, I go in and cover them back up, give them their binkie or whatever, but I don't talk to them. They hopefully know it's bedtime and I keep the lights off - I go in, lay them back down, and get out. They eventually get the hint that they aren't getting out and I'm not giving in. Good luck!

Cooper Squared said...

I could never do it! I was afraid Kelton was seeing ghosts or something:). It FINALLY all worked itself out around 11 months and we have been sleeping soundly every since....

the murdocks said...

Yea I heard that too but it's total crap! KEEP GOING. The first time I put Cooper down and let him cry, he cried for 3 hours! And then the second time it was 25 mins. Crying got shorter, and sleeping got longer. That was the best thing I ever could've done with Cooper.