25.3.08

FORGET ABOUT INDUCTION!

Brittany went into labor last night! 

This is Jessica, posting for Britt and Joe, who are currently at the hospital getting ready to welcome baby boy Asay. Britt was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday at midnight, but they went to the hospital last night at about 9:30 after Britt started having consistent contractions. Brittany was so excited to meet the baby and is happy that she was able to go into labor on her own. She was dilated to a one, but that lucky girl was able to get an epidural pronto. Having the epidural so early slowed her down a bit so they hooked her up with some pitocin.  At about 7:30 this morning she was at a 2.5, and when I spoke to her at 10:00, she was at a five and feeling no pain. She has been nauseous and a little pukey, and didn't get much sleep last night, but other than that she is feeling pretty good. We are all so excited to meet this little man! Everyone keep your fingers crossed for a fast and easy delivery. Feel free to send Joe and Brittany a comment or an encouraging text message. I am sure they would love it! I will hopefully be able to update with more good news soon. Congratulations and good luck to Joe, Brittany and baby!

9 comments:

ashley said...

AWESOME!
so cool when it comes out of the blue like that...happy pushin!
can't wait to see pics of the little man!

Pure Images said...

Awesome! See! I told you to schedule it and then you would go into labor on your own! Congrats and good luck!!

julie said...

Can't wait to hear more from you guys about the entire experience! Yay! It';s just so exciting!! xo

Kristin said...

Yay!! We are so excited for you guys!! We can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! Good luck!

whitney said...

holy crap. i am SO excited. i love how these little babies have their own schedules! i cannot wait to see pictures. hurry up and come little one!

McLove said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. Best Wishes:)

bwinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robyn said...

Wow Congratulations you two!! I am so happy for both of you. Hope all went well and I can't wait to see pictures of this little one! Congrats again!

Christina said...

Congrats, I am so stinking excited! Oh, you are going to love being a mother!!! Just remember to take it easy or we'll have to drive down there and kick your butt! lol. I hope things went smoothly...